Welder 1 - 2nd Shift - Wamego, KS
Location: Wamego, KS, Kansas US
Job Number: 119
WELDER 1 - 2ND SHIFT - WAMEGO, KS
NOW OFFERING NEW HIRE WELDING BONUS OF $1000*
***For candidates outside of 100+ miles, ask us about our $2000 relocation assistance!***
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
At the Caterpillar facility in Wamego, Kansas, we take pride in working together to safely build quality attachments that enhance the productivity and utility of Caterpillar machines, equipping them for a wide range of tasks and operating requirements.
Have welding experience or a welding certification? Piece by piece, part by part, person by person - join our team and create your own steel masterpieces!
Visit Caterpillar.com/Wamego to learn more about our team, the work we do and the products we make.
As a welder in the Wamego facility you will hand weld in multiple positions to create parts using semi-automatic MIG welders and .052 wire as well as use robotic welding technology. You will also read and use blueprints to weld individual parts together. You will use jib and overhead cranes to manually position parts and work in one and two person stalls that are clean, well ventilated, safe and equipped with the latest technologies.
Click here to hear from current welders in Wamego about why they like to work for Caterpillar!
- Possess a welding certification or a minimum of one (1) year welding experience
- Available to work from 5:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. during the introductory training period
Top Candidates will also have
- Experience MIG welding
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to work safely and wear all required personal protective equipment
- Ability to work overtime to support production demands
Being a member of our team is rewarding!
- As a welder on second shift, you’ll receive a $1,000 bonus and competitive pay starting between $17.25 and $22.93 per hour plus an additional shift premium of 7% per hour. Over time, based on performance, attendance and business need, there is opportunity to promote to higher welder positions with pay up to $31.36 per hour and to promote to advanced manufacturing positions with pay up to $32.03 per hour.
- You’ll have the opportunity for pay increases based on skills and performance, as well as an annual opportunity for a merit increase, and a quarterly bonus.
- We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a quarterly bonus.
- Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
- If interested, opportunity to transfer to first shift is based on performance, attendance, and business need.
- Potential to advance your career into operations leadership and other advanced manufacturing jobs.
- Safety is a top priority. We provide all personal protective equipment - welding hoods with a cooling filtration system, metatarsal guard steel-toe boots, gloves, safety glasses, etc. - as well as pants and jackets with free laundry service.
- Be part of a leading global manufacturing company while working on a team with a with a small-town, family-like culture.
Shift: 2nd- Full Time
Hours: 2nd shift - Monday through Thursday, 3:30pm- 2:00am
Overtime on Fridays
Pay range depending on experience: $17.25- $22.93 per hour + a 7% per hour night shift premium
Work location: Wamego, KS
*Welder bonus pays $500 after 60 days successful performance and an additional $500 after 6 months of successful performance in the Wamego facility*
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
Job Number: R0000077535
Community / Marketing Title: Welder 1 - 2nd Shift - Wamego, KS
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wamego, KS, Kansas US